Thursday, October 30, 2008

We'll miss you Deekon...

So our dog, Deekon was hit by a car on Monday night and killed. This is so sad.. He was 11 and getting older, but still so heartbreaking. I swear something bad always happens when Jeremy is gone hunting.

Deekon was the BEST dog ever. He just was a runner. He was mild mannered, calm, sweet, loving and patient. We are going to miss him SO much.

Some Road trip when Logan was teenie tiny. They were sleeping together.


Camping...


That dog would lay IN the fire.. so weird. You can see the ashes on him nose.


And this explains it all.. Deekon LOVED Jeremy... truly best friends.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Ok so my eyes are tearing up...pets are so a part of your family. It's like losing a family member! Jeremy is going to be so sad when he gets back!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry Corrine! It is so hard to lose a pet that has become such a part of the family. How is Logan doing with it?

The McGovern Family said...

I can't beleive this! Where did it happne? On YOUR street? who would be driving that fast on Defiance to hit a dog? I am so sorry...i can't imagine! How is Lucy?

Heidi said...

Oh corrine, I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is so hard. My eyes are filled with tears right now. That last picture is so special.

*Schmidtke Bunch* said...

Corrine,
That last picture makes me sad & teary eyed for you guys, I hate that he died getting hit by a car, not just being old & happy...I am sorry, losing a pet is so hard.

Demeri said...

I am so sorry to all of you...the last picture brought tears to my eyes....what a memorable pic! Hugs and kisses to your whole family, so sorry.