Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Must Haves

I've just gotta do mine too.. So there are the obvious 'must haves', my husband, son, family, home, job, friends etc... Then there are the daily life saving things that I really would cry if I had to give up... I'm listing those here:

1- Beam Central Vac System.
I don't have a pic of this but I'm SO glad we put this in when we built the house. I love it. It's is the best. Logan even loves to vacuum!


2- I have really really dry skin. I use a combonation of Healthly Skin & Eucerin EVERYDAY.. I goop it on. It's the only combination of anything that has ever worked for me. I used to have to use neosporin on my face or vaseline..


3- Sippy Cups. These are the cheapest BUT the best sippy cups.. I love them. Logan stashes them everywhere, so there are LOTS of times where I find rotten chocolate milk curddled in the cup.... If I spent $5 on the cup.. I'd want to wash it out.. Not these.. I just throw the thing away and don't feel bad at all.. and I don't gag from the rotten milk. Makes me happy.



4- Triple Paste is THE BEST DIAPER RASH CREAM EVER CREATED. I've tried everything. Every product, every suggestion from every aunt, grandma, mom, sister, sister-in-law that I know. This is the only stuff that has ever helped Logan and his poor bottom.


5- You all have talked about cleaning products. Here's what I use. Vinegar. I love it. I wash my floors with it, my counters.. Everything but the bathrooms. It's the best. It cleans my grout in my kitchen floors which are SO dirty with a guy like Jeremy around. YUK!


6- OK.. I live at Costco. I swear I am there every other day. Between milk, pull-ups (NO Logan STILL will not poop in the potty), and dog food, I live at this place.



7- I love to read. It's my escape. I probably read every night for an hour. I love it. I have so many books stacked up.. it drives Jeremy nuts. I LOVE to just go to the book store and walk around checking things out.




8- I am a freak about cereal.. Here are my 2 fav's. Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries and Kashi Cinnamon Harvest.

9- Starbucks I love it.
10- Last but not least.. My double headed shower. I don't have a picture, but I had to mention it. I designed my whole bathroom around my shower. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, but it's close. I know.. total waste of water. There is nothing better than having both shower heads going, I'm NEVER cold. Love it.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I love it! I am the same way with Kyle's sippy cups. I buy those take and toss cups and when I find one hidden somewhere with rotten milk - in the garbage it goes with no guilt? Do you mix anything with the vinegar to make it such a great cleaner?

Jana, Jeff and Jaydin Gilchrist said...

My Q is the same as Kristens reguarding the Vinegar. I have heard it works great.
Oh and cereal is what I ate for 9 months while pregnant with Jaydin!

Demeri said...

what a great thing about the vinegar...I guess I haven't heard to clean your floors and stuff with it!!! i know that's how we clean the coffee pot, I will pass the word onto my cleaning lady...that sounds terrible huh??? LAZY me...oh and good call on the tippy cups, I had those too (not with the cool pics on them though), I always found the one's that rolled behind the couch...with the TOTAL "chunky" milk in it...love to toss things!

The Cole's said...

Just mix the vinegar with water.. If you go the heinz website, there is a section that lists different solutions for different things.. like counters vs. floors.. I put more vinegar in for the floors. It works THE best on wood floors too, and it's cheap!

Tishelle Ward said...

Hey Corrine-Thanks for the vinegar tip! I have new hardwoods and am still looking for the perfect thing to clean them with! Thanks also for the diaper rash cream suggestion. My 3 month old has such sensitive skin and nothing works. I will try it! Congrats on the new baby boy coming...

Alicia said...

I use the same face moisturizer and have for years. I totally should have put Starbucks on my list as well...lifesaver. Actually it's one of life's little daily treats that puts a smile on my face!

Heidi said...

Soooo...does the vinegar smell go away after it dries? Or does your house smell like it for days like when you're canning??? ahhh...